Thursday, June 3, 2010

Dear Reader

I consider my life to be riddled with interesting situations. On this profound road of my being, some of the most thrilling experiences have been with my wife, my daughter, and of course in college. The past six years have been arduous, I’ve had to keep my wits about me and stay focused, even though I sometimes didn’t make the proper decision. If there was one resolution that I sense I made correctly I would say that it was the verdict to go to college. The prime application of my education is to have a future, and although it’s hard work, I believe it’s worth it to be here.

When I began going to this institution I had one goal in mind. That goal was to obtain enough credits to join the military at a higher rank. Unfortunately, that didn’t pan and I was required to stay in school until I achieved twenty-two college credits at a level of one hundred. Although I feel beaten by the prospect of staying here longer then I intended, I know it’s for the betterment of my future as well as that of my family. There have been several difficulties in getting my finances for my tuition. I didn’t know very much about what information was needed from me in order to undergo the process of collecting financial aid. Luckily my wife, sister, and brother in law were there to carry me through that course of action.

When all was said and done I focused back on my school work. My first quarter was a breeze and blew right by. I took poetry, Math 70, and speed reading. However, my second semester was more innovated to the growth of who I am today. I personally look at the two classes, Understanding World Art and English 97, as a mind blowing experience. I love history, and art has a lot of history in it. But art doesn’t help me in the work place as where English does. Without English 97 I wouldn’t know a large amount about; sentence structure, commas, splices, fragments, verbs, semi colons, coordinating conjunctives, independent and dependent clauses, and adverbs.

To say the least, before this class you would find my essay full of errors, now I have transitioned to a new form of thought where I can study, analyze, correct, and edit with miraculous skill. The next four beautifully written documents are of my rise to this skill level. They are not written in special format or emphatic format, they are written in chronological format. I think they are the best example of my literary genius.

1 comment:

  1. I as well came back to shcool to further my future. It seems to day that is all you really can do to get some where.

    ReplyDelete